It's been pretty quiet here lately. I've been pretty quiet lately. There's not a ton of super exciting stuff going on in my life right now, to be quite honest, and I'm okay with that. 2012 was a heavy year for me in many ways, so I'm looking forward wiping the slate clean. After the solstice, I was feeling charged and got rid of well over half of the 'stuff' I have laying around for no reason. My New Year celebration was definitely not as extravagant as last year's, but still a good time with good people. So I rolled back through my Instagram feed and blog to pick out some bullet points..
- Rang in the New Year (2011 to 2012) with a long trip to California
- Participated in two art show/sales
- Received a couple scholarships to help with school
- Lost an ovary due to the removal of a very large cyst
- Learned that I need to warm up my diet
- Took a trip to South Florida
- Got another tattoo
- Met Tom Robbins
- Celebrated 5 years with my boyfriend, Ed
- Had a studio visit from Amy Tavern
- Threw a surprise party for Ed
- Got asked to be in my first wedding (by one of my best friends, Stacy)
Some live music I saw that I really dug this year..
Pimps of Joytime
Mickey Hart Band
Kings of Belmont
Lake Street Dive
The Lumineers & Old Crow Medicine Show
This year I didn't make any resolutions. I kind of always know what I need to do...exercise more, drink more water, eat better, finish what I start, etc, etc...so instead of making a list I'm just going to try to focus, be more present and thoughtful with all of my actions and know that what I need will follow.
Happy New Year. Make it a great one.